Dear Christmas gifts,
According to Buddy the Elf, “The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.” I’m not going to disagree with him, but if anyone heard me singing the only cheers that would be spread would be loud ones for me to “Shut Up!”
So instead of singing, I say Christmas cheer is spread with….food! I love to spread Christmas cheer, but my bank account limits the ways I can do this. Thus, I bake in large quantities and give it with the recipe to people I work with and Branson friends! This year you consisted of a new recipe…Addictive Crunch, and boy is it addictive! Once you start, you just can’t stop!
The best part is if it’s easy enough for me, I promise it’s easy enough for anyone else”…and it makes SO much. It’s perfect for a holiday party treat or a change of pace from the traditional puppy chow. It’s the perfect combination of salty and sweet! And it’s SO good…trust me!
½ lb butter (2 sticks) 1 lb brown sugar ½ c corn syrup
7c rice chex 9c corn chex 6c crispex ½ lb pecans
- Mix the cereals and pecans (I only used ¼ lb of pecan halves) in a large bowl (I used two large bowls).
- Combine butter, corn syrup and brown sugar in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for about five minutes.
- Pour part of the syrup over cereal mixture and stir carefully to coat. Pour the remaining syrup.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 200 for an hour, stirring every 15-30 minutes.
- Let cool for a bit on the cookie sheet then dump on wax paper to cool and separate.
- Bag it up and pass it out!
- Enjoy! Don’t say I didn’t warn you in the addictive category!
The best way to spread Christmas cheer…
Lindsay the Elf says filling bellies!!