**In the beginning of Letters for Lindsay, I blogged daily. Writing on my own birthday just seemed a little strange. This is the 4th year a family member has guest blogged. It was my oldest sister Jamie’s turn. Not the angle I expected, and WAY too kind, but this is hilarious. My family never ceases to amaze me! Enjoy!!!**
Dear tall, Christian, single guys,
I’d like to tell you about a pretty special person we’re celebrating today, my baby sister, Lindsay! Lindsay is one of the most incredible people you will ever meet, and here are some of the qualities that make her so special:
- Patience: She handles 4 nephews (soon to be 5!) like a pro. This also applies to God’s plan for her life. She trusts it and is willing to wait patiently for what He has planned for her.
- Hardworking: She works ALL summer long in Branson for Kanakuk summer camps with MIDDLE SCHOOL GIRLS and NO air conditioning”…that qualifies her for sainthood in my book!
- Generous: She volunteered her time after Christmas to work at an orphanage in Africa helping bring joy to some pretty amazing kids.
- Caring and Supportive: She FLEW to Dallas when my son was in the Children’s ICU to keep me company and provide support.
- Hilarious: You will often find Lindsay in costume singing out of tune for a laugh. She even did this in the hospital to Emerson while he was sedated”…poor kid probably had nightmares! Nevertheless, the nurses all got a good laugh.
- Confident: Lindsay is the most secure person I know. Her confidence is something I aspire to achieve.
- Faithful: Her love of God and her faith is admirable and unquestionable.
- Loyal: She’s the best friend and sister you could ask for. Did I say she’ll make you laugh? J
- Tall: Height is a “big” deal”…pun intended J (She didn’t get all the humor genes.)
- Athletic: Growing up as a tomboy and 3rd girl, Lindsay is pretty proficient in most sports (except running- she’d be the turtle who won the race)”…she could probably take you on in a game of one-on-one and win!
- Honest: Need someone to bounce ideas off of? She’s your girl. She’s honest but won’t be hurtful. Yes, there’s a difference.
Although those are only a few of the wonderful attributes we all love about Lindsay, I must wrap up her “match.com” application for now. If you think you would like to meet Lindsay, you must know that you will be “interviewed” by a father, mother, 2 sisters, 2 brother-in-laws, 5 nephews, and countless others to see if you meet all of our approval”…she IS the baby sister after all.
Happy Birthday, Lindsay! We love you!!!
Your oldest, non-writer, protective, and well-intentioned shorter sister,